Sunday, November 09, 2008

I'M A MOM!!!

YESS!!! I’M A MOM FINALLY!! 

The moment that I’ve been waiting for sooooo long since early this year. *relief*

This entry supposedly meeting you guys last 2 weeks I guess... but due to some technical errors and some other reasons (kunun!!)... hubby was not able to publish it... Sorry for the long wait... *wink-wink*

Chronology of event: (Sinang cerita ba! Hehehe…)

24 OCTOBER 2008

5am – 7am:
Contraction getting frequent from time to time even there were no blooding or leakage of water bag.

7am – 7.45am:
Showered and getting ready to the Hospital (HKL).

8.15am – 9.30am:
Admissions counter of HKL. They were sooooo slow!!! VE (I supposed it stands for Vaginal Examination) was done and it was already opened 4cm! (4cm??!!!!  *Gulp*) I was then pushed to the Labour Room by wheel chair.

10.20am:
Labour Room! 2nd VE done – 5cm! I presumed I will have to go through another few more tough hours before delivering.

10.45am:
Felt like poo-poo and I still got time to think “If terberak ni, malunya!!”
3rd VE done – 8cm!! When I heard 8cm, I was so shocked yet relief at the same time. Some of the first timer mom will have to experience a “1 hour for 1cm opening” of labouring process. *faint*

Nurse offered to jap the Epidural. But, I said no. Earlier, I did plan to jap it. But, after some considerations, I managed to convince myself that I can do it even without Epidural.

11am:
Started the ‘pushing’ part. I don’t think it was painful thou. To me, it was really tiring!! Episiotomy was done as the opening was only 9cm but baby can’t wait no longer. Having a really good ‘cheerleaders’ team (a doctor, a midwife, 2 nurses and my hubby - luckily he didn’t faint!! Hahha...) was indeed very helpful.

11.19am:
A lil’ baby boy was finally born! There is no word in this world that could describe what the exact feeling is when they put the baby on my chest! I cried without tears… All the tiredness gone with the wind… And the blessing part is baby was born with cleft lip only without cleft palate. Alhamdulillah… syukur kepada Allah SWT.


Baby on my chest rite after he was born


11.35am – 12.25pm:
Needlework’!! Goshhhh…. It was 100 times painful than the ‘pushing’ part! Gheezz… still could feel the needle!! Surely a trauma to every first time mom!! Phew…
I was then left over at the Labour Room after being fed with a cup of hot milk.

1.20pm – 2.00pm:
Ready to be sent over to my bed. They placed baby next to me for breastfeeding. I was soooo touched! Since baby has cleft lip, his ‘vacuum’ system is not as good as the other babies. So, breastfeeding is not successfully working. Formula Milk is the answer as top-up milk.

Ok… enough lah with the labouring story. Need to make the story shorter bah… Heheheh…

I was then discharged on 26 Oct after doctor confirmed that both baby and I were ok.

Hospital has arranged for appointment with doctor from the plastic surgery unit for further advices and arrangement for surgery to be done on 14 January 2009.


Oppsss… I guess I have to stop now. Catch up with you guys soon with more stories and pix of me being a mom ok… *wink-wink*

Oya.... You guys must be wondering of his name huh? RAYYAN ADRIAN… That’s his name. We call him Yon… ^_^

14 comments:

  1. Congrats!! I was a bit surprise seeing updates from u today. hehe..excited mau tahu jantina baby. Anyway, take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, bah berehat la dulu, ada tanggung jawab baru suda oh kan, take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. eiii congratssss to both you and hubby..
    glad to hear both baby and mom are in good care now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrate just...bah, cerita pula pasal tempoh bpantang ko aaa...ehehhe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratssssss!!!!!!! I'm sooooo agree with you just..masa kena jahit tu was more painful than beranak itself kan!! hahaha!!
    Bah..pelan2 ko jaga baby ya!! and don't forget to take care of yourself too...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats once again to you & hubby for the arrival of your lil' Yon. Me also agree bah yg part jaiht2 tu la the most painful! waiting for them to heal lg, sungguh tida selesa sekali.

    Lucky your hubby ada bersama2, when I delivered the nurses didn't even called my hubby to come in the Labor Room..pada hal we suda attend Father Friendly Class & submit the form. Very dissapointing...:(

    ReplyDelete
  7. congratulation Just :)eee..happynya sa tingu orang jadi mummy, can't wait la my turn, tapi ntah bila heheeh..anyway take care ah :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, finally an update...congratulation...!! Wah siok ah easy labour...sia tatap mau epidural walaumacamana pun..

    ReplyDelete
  9. just stoping by bah ni.... ^_^ congrats on ur new born baby...^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, finally dapat tingu baby pictures. He's adorable... Rayyan Adrian, nama pun cantik :)

    I agree with you, the jahitan is more painful than the labour itself. Sampai skrang, I could still feel the benang kana tarik2... aduiii...

    Get well rested. Eh, ko di mana suda skrang ni?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats! Si Nessa punya komen tu bikin takut sya jak! :D Besar oh baby ko kan. :) Kiut, memang nampak muka boboi he he he... Bah, rehat2 la nanti kasi update lagi. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. congrats Just!! Glad to hear u & bb ok..bah u pelan2 kio..take care ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. congrats! reading ur post reminds me my own birth experience.. hehe.. yep yep.. needlework is the most painful amongst all but seeing the baby cheered me up.. kurang sikit rasa tu sakit terus kan ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks to all the wishes ya...

    Memeljoan ~ nanti la sia post pasal pantang larang tu kunun aaa...

    Neesa ~ I'm in KL now.

    Choc Mint Girl ~ Besar jg kan baby sia?? Sia pun nda sangka. Mcm muka boboi lg tu kunun... heheh..

    belleOFranau & AnnieMing ~ Thanks for dropping by...

    ReplyDelete

You're 'bout to corner... ;p